- This event has passed.
Mobile User Acquisition 101
March 18, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm PDT
Mobile User Acquistion 101, presented by Eric Seufert
Mobile User Acquisition 101 is an introductory workshop that provides a broad overview of user acquisition for mobile apps, presented by Eric Seufert, the owner of Mobile Dev Memo. The workshop will take place virtually via streamed webinar software, and it will take place in real time (that is: it won’t be recorded and viewable later). The instructional portion of the workshop will last for approximately 2 hours, with 30 minutes reserved afterwards for Q&A.
Topics covered in the workshop will include:
- The sources of paid traffic on which mobile apps can be advertised and how they fundamentally differ from one another;
- How mobile ad networks function;
- The mechanics of paid mobile advertising campaigns;
- Various attribution and measurement methodologies for assessing mobile advertising campaign performance, such as optimal LTV timeline and return-on-ad-spend use cases, attribution model strategy, and organic install attribution;
- General structure and strategy for Facebook and Google UAC campaigns, and the distinctions between the two platforms;
- The basic elements of analytics and reporting for mobile user acquisition;
- General strategic considerations in team composition, budgeting, LTV analysis, cohort analysis, and P&L management.
This workshop is meant as a concept-level survey of mobile user acquisition and is not intended for experienced audiences. Workshop attendees will leave the workshop with a strong understanding of the user acquisition function, how user acquisition impacts overall product performance, and nuanced configurations of user acquisition strategy. This workshop is designed for product managers, analytics managers, executives, investors, and analysts; it is not designed to be useful for user acquisition managers (for a more comprehensive workshop designed to deliver best practices for user acquisition managers, see the Modern Mobile Marketing at Scale full-day workshop).
About the instructor, Eric Seufert:
Eric Benjamin Seufert is a media strategist and quantitative marketer who has spent his career working for transformative consumer technology and media companies, including Skype and Rovio. Eric most recently sold his mobile advertising analytics company, Agamemnon, to the mobile gaming company N3TWORK.
Prior to Agamemnon, Eric was the VP of User Acquisition and Network Engagement at Rovio, the company that makes Angry Birds. At Rovio, Eric oversaw all paid user acquisition marketing initiatives as well as the company’s internal cross promotion efforts, which generated approximately 2MM installs per month across Rovio’s portfolio of games. Eric led the launch of Angry Birds 2, one of the largest and highest-profile mobile game launches of all time.
Eric earned a BBA in Finance from the University of Texas at Austin and an MA in Applied Economics from University College London, where, as an Erasmus Mundus scholar, his studies were fully funded by the European Commission. In 2014, Eric published a book, Freemium Economics, through Elsevier.
As an analyst of the mobile app ecosystem, Eric has contributed to publications such as Business Insider, VentureBeat, and AdExchanger on topics ranging from freemium product design to mobile advertising. Eric also runs Mobile Dev Memo, a mobile industry trade blog.
Eric specializes in analytics design / architecture, performance marketing, and general mobile growth strategy.