- This event has passed.
Building Custom & Cost-Effective Mobile Analytics
May 4 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
Cost efficiency, customization, and control & data ownership – these are some frequently cited reasons why companies want to explore building their “own” analytics tools and infrastructures. Owning a cost efficient unified reporting certainly sounds great – yet the journey there can be quite painful, with a lot of trial and error along the way.
During my workshop, I’ll guide you through what we’ve learned during our last 3 years of experimentation and set up building. We’ll go through a step-by-step case study where I’ll detail our building process from start to finish. The example will feature Google Cloud Platform and its tools – most notably Firebase, BigQuery and Data Studio. Regarding the narrative, I’ll cover:
- The initial decision making (why and who should consider building, alternatives, pros and cons)
- Requirements (time, cost, experience needed, long-term viability, expectations vs. reality)
- Tools selection (which tools to pick & our experience – attribution, event collection, orchestration..)
- Building process (from defining KPI’s, events, and metrics over to data collection, orchestration and visualization; presenting the final outcome)
- Cost & cost control (pricing estimates, how to optimize storage & query costs)
- Lessons learned (pros, cons and pitfalls, what to consider before making the choice yourselves)
- Q&A (15 min)
The workshop is meant to be an overview of the building process and is aimed at giving the audience a good understanding of “what does it take to build an integrated analytics tool and where should we start”. No coding skills or deep technical jargon will be used or required – we’ll mostly talk in human language – but you should be generally aware of the basics (what are the frequently used tools like attribution, product analytics, CRM, what is an API and what’s it for etc.). The content is mostly targeted to attendees that want to see what’s possible, or consider(ed) the option of creating their own stack and are interested in learning about a complete real-life example; these can be product managers, analytics managers, data engineers, and also everyone who’s experiencing the pain of manual reporting.
Date and Time
Monday, May 4th
- SF: 10am – 11am
- New York: 1pm – 2pm
- London: 6pm – 7pm
About the Instructor
Since joining AppAgent as a Marketing Manager in 2017, I helped over 30 apps and games on various topics of Strategy, UA, and Data. I also designed and co-produced AppAgent’s internal analytics tool, “ROY”, which combines Marketing, Product, and ASO analytics into one holistic reporting, and have led building of 5+ custom analytics stack for app companies from different verticals and business models.
After studying economics, I founded my own Gaming Studio in 2010 and created games for Social and Mobile for the next 6 years before moving to mobile app consultancy. Besides Mobile Marketing, I’m also passionate gardener, guitar player, and an addicted Lego builder.